Monday, November 18, 2013

Howdy!

It was a crazy week!  

No body told me it got this cold in the South!  There is a saying here though that goes, "If you don't like the weather, stick around, it'll change in a few days".  Tuesday, we were biking in 25 degree weather + intense humidity = freezin' my toes off.  But then Thursday I had to de-layer because I was starting to sweat while biking.  What's up with that???

Speaking of Thursday, we were leaving a lady's apartment, and were biking past an officer.  I was wearing black boots, thick black tights, and a black skirt with a long black coat, with my helmet.  Apparently the officer assumed we were Elders, because when I said hello to him, his response was, 

"WHOA! It's a female!" 
and then as my companion passed by he said 
"WHAT? It's two females!!!!"

Yeah. That's what an announcement in Octobers conference announcing the age change for Sister missionaries does.  Go Sisters.  
Basically the best part of my week.

Well, almost, because Friday was Zone Conference, when our President comes to speak to us.  I swear, I have the best Mission President in the world!  President and Sister Hanks are the most genuine, loving, fun people.  I don't know how to explain how awesome they are.  
  
 There is never enough time, and we certainly felt that this week with zone conference, and then stake conference; but I great spiritual-kick-in-the-rear that I needed.  I seem to have lost a lot of fire that I had when I first came out, and I am working to re-kindle it.  I love this work, I love the Lord.  I want to do my best!  I learned and re-learned a lot of wonderful things that will help me to find that fire again.  At home, we got a big sign on the door that said "FOGO".  That is how you say fire in Portuguese, where my Dad served his mission (Lisbon, Portugal).  My parents always told us to have FOGO in whatever we do, not just sit back and be a spineless jelly fish.  I've been out for 5, going on 6 months, and I've lost a little bit of my fire, but I am going to get back my FOGO! 

The Elliots, our red-neck family, are really progressing though!  Terry, the father, has read up all the way until Jacob 4; we only asked him to read to Moroni 10!  He has been reading everyday during lunch!  Isn't that wonderful?  It is so amazing to see the effect the spirit is having in his life.  Yesterday night we read some of the scriptures (Moroni 7: 13, 16-17) you had shared with us during conference to explain how the spirit talks to us, because that was one of his questions.  He went on to explain how he has withheld from cussing, not let his temper get the best of him, and not been so prejudiced -all because of the Book of Mormon!!!!  It truly is a book inspired of God!

I wish everyone would read it!  It really helps us learn more about Jesus Christ, and come closer to him.  The great thing, is that everyone can find out for themselves if it is true! If someone reads just even one chapter, and prays with a sincere desire to know if it is true or not, there is no doubt they will receive an answer, because Heavenly Father loves them that much.  He wants each of us to have truth, and feel of his love.  It's amazing.  

Well if I haven't bored you yet, I won't keep it up!

Life is golden! I'M SO BLESSED! thanks so much for all of your love, support and prayers.  I am so thankful to have you!
Love all y'alls guts!
Hermana McClune

No comments:

Post a Comment