Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Well! It was one of those weeks!

We couldn't meet with any of our progressing investigators.  They were either at drill for the reserve, studying for finals and at the Library or work for hours, and a variety of other reasons.  Which makes missionary work very difficult, but we did the best we could! 

It was also pouring down rain.... :) At one point we were on our bikes, in the pouring rain. I was up front, and kept thinking how I was putting poor Sister Black through this (it was her first time on the bike!) When we got off our bikes though and looked at each other, she had the biggest grin on her face-- as always. Love that girl! She is so positive and such a hard worker.  

Our Bishop here asked Sister Black and I to speak Sunday. My topic was the Atonement. I've done a lot of public speaking before, and so I am pretty good at writing talks. I can keep people interested and make some good points. So what? This time I wanted the spirit to really speak to the ward (congregation)...so I didn't write a talk. Don't get me wrong, I spent hours looking up scriptures and material about the Atonement and made little notes so I would remember, but I didn't actually organize a talk. I was scared to death, but I wanted to rely on the spirit and say the things Heavenly Father needed me to say.  I don't usually get too nervous, but I was sick to my stomach when I stood up there. And then as I started, I really did feel the spirit guiding me what to say, and I felt peace. It wasn't perfect, I don't think I changed anyone's life or that was I said was even that great, but as I looked at everyone, I know that what they were feeling while I was speaking--the spirit--was touching their hearts. I hope to use that more in our lessons, and really listen to their needs. I will be a much better missionary if I do.

Tonight we are going to play floor hockey with the Young Single Adults here.  They bring a lot of friends and it's great.  The Oja's are the FHE (Family Home Evening) coordinators and they are an awesome family...from Washington and Oregon :) Best place on earth! 

Tomorrow, back at the Elliots!

Friday-the temple. Oh good! 

Also, I can't believe I have been out for 6 months..... crazy.  My proselyting card expires in a year from today...
Gah! I still have so much to do! haha :)


Love all y'all! Hope you have a great week! So thankful for you :)
Hope you Christmas season is starting off wonderfully!
Hermana McClune

No comments:

Post a Comment