Wednesday, April 2, 2014

February 17, 2014

It's been a good past week. We have started to teach english classes at the mexican restaurants around town during their slower restaurant hours.  We have really been trying to establish a good relationship between the Mormon missionaries and the hispanic community here.  It's been good.  We are also teaching spanish to some of our ward members, and teaching a little bit in Relief Society each week, so that when our latina investigators do come to church, they will be able to introduce themselves and communicate a little.

We had Zone Conference on Friday, Valentine's Day! Or, as we call it, Lock your heart day! We made lock your heart valentines for lots of the missionaries, it was funny.  We also got President and Sister Hanks shirts that have sayings that should be on church billboards. they are great! It was very uplifting.

Last week, Sister Huber and I were writing in our journals when she pauses, looks over at me and says, "Hey, Sister McClune, happy 8 months".  Crazy.  It feels like just yesterday.  I'm probably going to have a mid-mission crisis this next transfer.  Inline image 1
This is at Mama Donna's.  She was just called as a RS activity coordinator yesterday, and is going to the temple this saturday to do baptisms! I'm so excited for her!



A couple weeks ago, we went to Mama's so her sister could teach us some cake decorating! It was great! Here are some pics:Inline image 2
 
annnd...the finished product:
Inline image 3
Yes. It does say "Go Team Jesus".
Only in the South.

I have so many good memories here! It breaks my heart to leave, but we got transfer instructions and it's my turn to boot.  
Columbus Mississippi will always be close to my heart. I have grown here so much.  When we were saying our good-bye's, I was fighting so hard not to cry. I love this ward so much. I feel so blessed that I was able to serve here. It was especially hard to say goodbye to the Elliotts, Whites, and Mama.  They told me how much they loved me.  It could have been any Sister that got to be here as they went through the experiences that they have these past few months.  I'm so grateful that the Lord allowed me to stay here and be a part of those miracles. I have spent Thanksgiving and Christmas with these families. They really have become my second family. I love them so much. And I am so happy for them.  Terry will be receiving the Priesthood this coming week.  It will bless him and his family so much. In one year, they should be preparing for the temple.

*Mom, Dad......anyway we could fly back here in a year???*

Well, I've got to run. But I love y'all! Thanks for all the prayers and support. I pray for y'all daily!
Love,
Hermana McClune

No comments:

Post a Comment